This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate software developer to work within a team to bring a suite of new features and functionalities to a successful product that is driving a fast-growing international company providing critical services to mid-tier law firms around the globe. We are a team of 50+ engineers based in Australia, Ireland, and UK, split into product-based teams.
Yes we use .NET WinForms as the core user interface, but we have been constantly evolving the platform to bring onboard some of the latest technologies available in dev and ops. Not only do we use Azure, Docker and Kubernetes, and a suite of open-source web-based technologies to solve real business problems in innovative ways, we adopt industry best practices such as CI/CD pipelines and champion test-driven development to bring a large and stable feature set to our clients, and more importantly, a pathway to the cloud.
We’re looking for – a software engineer who is solution-focused, self-motivated, proud of the code you write, love to see it deployed in production, and likes to harness peer and customer feedback to further improve it.
- Coordinate with the business at large to refine requirements
- Collaboratively translate requirements to software designs
- Build, test, package and deploy features
- Investigate, concept prove, present, and implement new technologies
Your technical skills:
- Strong foundation in software design and development practices (indicatively 7 years of relevant experience)
- C#, .NET Framework, WinForms
- SQL, Entity Framework
- REST APIs
- WCF/.NET Remoting
- Scripting (Powershell)
Your personal traits
- You are a pragmatist and see technologies as tools to problems
- You also enjoy learning new technologies and gain domain knowledge
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player who enjoys exchanging domain and technical knowledge with others
Our team culture and work style:
- We collectively make key decisions – the best ideas win, not seniority
- Our engineering team work closely with our various business functions to come up with innovative solutions to problems – we all play a part in business analysis
- We present our work regularly and get enthusiastic feedback from other teams and users
We have a wide range of products, and as such, our tech stack is broad and spans developments in software engineering over the years. Based on a Microsoft centric stack in the earlier product lines, we have introduced many open-source technologies on Linux, Java and other platforms in more recent projects.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving. We’re not afraid of adopting new technologies and the disruption they may bring – we manage it. We seek to adopt the best one suitable for the problem at hand, not always the one we’ve used in the past. We aim to bring the whole team along by sharing what we have learnt.
What we offer:
As well as our great team culture we offer a competitive salary, pension, and flexible working arrangements. This role can be based in Ireland or UK and we have offices in Bath, Leeds and Cork in Ireland.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org