We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate data model developer, who loves to work with data, in its interpretation, transformation, processing and storage, to support onboarding, accounting, business intelligence, and other interests for a industry-leading legal practice management solutions provider.
To make this possible, we’re inviting you – an experienced, self-motivated software engineer – to join us for establishing an efficient data practice group in our organisation, coordinating the efforts of an existing team of experienced data modelers, well-versed in the domain, applying your excellent technical knowledge in building and evolving data models and data transformation pipelines.
- Develop best practices and standards for the migration team
- Act as the product owner of business domain language data dictionary, ensure quality, extensibility, consistency and reusability of the data schema
- Ensure quality, extensibility, consistency and reusability of the data transformation tools
- Act as the librarian to the set of transformation tools, run code-review to ensure quality
- Organise meet up and build communication channels to share knowledge on the data pipelines
- Manages development and operational capability/capacity across the migration team.
You are self-motivated, proud of the code you write, love to see gigabytes, of data flying efficiently through your pipelines, and likes to harness peer and customer feedback to further improve it. You enjoy working in a team, but also want to see the bigger picture and knows how to bring the team along. While you have an eye on the goal, you also love to explore the latest technologies along the way, and not afraid to use them.
Your technical skills
- Strong foundation in software design and development practices – minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Scripting (e.g Powershell, Unix, Perl or Python)
- Functional programming (theory or practical e.g. F#)
Our team culture and work style
- We collectively make key decisions – the best ideas win, not seniority
- Our engineering team work closely with our various business functions to come up with innovative solutions to problems – we all play a part in business analysis
- We present our work regularly and get enthusiastic feedback from other teams and users
We offer our Sydney based team flexible working arrangements and currently only work two days per week in the Sydney CBD office and 3 days from home. There is also a choice of working from our Sydney NSW office, Cork Ireland office, Bath or Leeds offices in the UK.
- Training and learning opportunities
- Home office, flexible hours, remote work
- Open and collaborative culture
- Share investment options
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Friday drinks, regular after work events
- Gym membership
- Discount perks for almost anything
How to apply
Please forward your expression of interest by submitting a covering letter with your resume outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
** No agencies please