We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate data model developer, who loves to work with data, in its interpretation, transformation, processing and storage, to support onboarding, accounting, business intelligence, and other interests for a industry-leading legal practice management solutions provider.
To make this possible, we’re inviting you – an experienced , self motivated software engineer – to join us for establishing an efficient data practice group in our organisation, coordinating the efforts of an existing team of experienced data modelers, well-versed in the domain, applying your excellent technical knowledge in building and evolving data models and data transformation pipelines.
- Develop best practices and standards for the migration team
- Act as the product owner of business domain language data dictionary, ensure quality, extensibility, consistency and reusability of the data schema
- Ensure quality, extensibility, consistency and reusability of the data transformation tools
- Act as the librarian to the set of transformation tools, run code-review to ensure quality
- Organise meet up and build communication channels to share knowledge on the data pipelines
- Manages development and operational capability/capacity across the migration team.
You are self motivated, proud of the code you write, love to see gigabytes, of data flying efficiently through your pipelines, and likes to harness peer and customer feedback to further improve it. You enjoy working in a team, but also want to see the bigger picture and knows how to bring the team along. While you have an eye on the goal, you also love to explore the latest technologies along the way, and not afraid to use them.
Your technical skills:
- Strong foundation in software design and development practices – minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Scripting (e.g Powershell, Unix, Perl or Python)
- Functional programming (theory or practical e.g. F#)
Our team culture and work style:
- We collectively make key decisions – the best ideas win, not seniority
- Our engineering team work closely with our various business functions to come up with innovative solutions to problems – we all play a part in business analysis
- We present our work regularly and get enthusiastic feedback from other teams and users
What we offer:
As well as our great team culture we offer a competitive salary, pension, and flexible working arrangements. This role can be based in Ireland or UK and we have offices in Bath, Leeds and Cork, Ireland.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com