About Practice Evolve
We are a dedicated team of industry experts, who have more than 20 years of expertise in the areas of law, accounting, and software programming. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to excellence through diversity. The difference at PracticeEvolve is that we listen and care about the client that we work for. With this approach PracticeEvolve is seeing significant growth in our client base, and interest is continuously rising on a global scale. Our intention is to be the leading Practice Management software provider in the mid-tier market globally. To achieve this goal, we firmly believe that people are the key to our success.
The Professional Services team and our Data Migration Specialists play a pivotal role in supporting the growth of our products and services. As an associate Data Migration Specialist, you will form part of the professional services team that holds responsibility for transitioning data to our software platform. This is a supporting role to the ANZ Data Migrations Specialist, assisting in the scoping and delivery of all client data migrations.
The position provides a great opportunity for an individual looking to progress their career towards a Data Migration Specialist role.
You will use your excellent communication skills, and strong ability to understand client requirements to create practical solutions for their business requirements. Then work with the team comprised of developers, business analysts and project managers to ensure a streamlined transition onto our software platform.
Working alongside our ANZ Data Migration Specialist, the key responsibilities of the Associate Data Migration Specialist will include:
- Assisting with the scoping, costing and analysis of all client migrations.
- Assisting with the creation of new data migrations from competitor systems.
- Maintenance and improvement of existing migrations.
- Project reporting and review of migration issues/feedback.
- Assisting with the maintenance and improvement of all migration tools.
- Assisting with the documentation of all migrations – internal and client facing.
- Technical guide writing/documentation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in departmental processes, policies, business operations, quality control and adherence to them.
- Facilitate global communications to ensure the transfer of information and skill sets that support company growth.
- Continued learning on the product.
- Assist with establishing best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Contribute to tender responses and deliver bid presentations. This position will also involve interaction with senior executives, working as a member of the bid/tender team. This will involve
- contribution to the operational input, bid system and meeting clients to win tenders as part of the sales process.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the projects or services.
What we are looking for
To be part of our team you need to be intelligent, dedicated and determined to make a difference for our clients. We’re looking for a full time Data Migration Specialist at a Supporting level (Associate) who fires on all cylinders and faces challenges head on. We are looking for someone who has a positive, pro-active attitude, and who is excited about being part of a fast paced, growing, hard-working, vibrant, friendly, collaborative team. You’re organised, a great communicator and have a strong ability to deal with ambiguity. You find creative solutions to situations and identify and manage innovation.
Technical skills we are looking for include:
- Advanced object-oriented programming skills – Essential C#.
- Advanced – SQL, preference MS SQL.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with XML, .NET., JSON.
- Familiarity with Windows CMD, Powershell, and Visual Studio.
Experience we are looking for includes:
- Previous experience in a technical consulting role.
- Strong Customer focus.
- In-depth experience of business analysis and Technical Services consulting.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving capabilities.
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (Jira, Redmine) and version control.
- Ideally two years relevant work experience –in the Legal software market and /or Legal Office environment would be highly regarded.
What we offer
We offer a great company culture and stand by our belief that we have great people at PracticeEvolve. We offer our Sydney based team flexible working arrangements and currently only work two days per week in the CBD office and 3 days from home. We have ongoing employee perks that give our team discounted access to hundreds of online shopping platforms, 50% movie ticket discounts, free uber eats deliveries and we have discounts at major department stores such as JB Hi-Fi, IKEA, Harvey Norman and hundreds more. We also offer Fitness First gym membership, provide daily breakfast, free Barista made coffee on Mondays, a healthy snack station, a library of board games and the benefit of a large arcade area with pool tables and ping pong.
How to apply
Please forward your expression of interest by submitting a covering letter with your resume outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)