Sector: Software/ IT/Legal
Do you love working with data – lots of data? Love that feeling you get when the script you ran on hundreds of gigabytes of data matches up exactly? Love coming up with clever solutions on our platform to solve challenging problems for our clients? Love sharing the end-result with our clients? If so, this is the role made for you.
As a data migration specialist, you will form part of the project team that holds responsibility for transitioning data to our software platform.
You will use your excellent communication skills, and strong ability to understand client requirements to create practical solutions for their business requirements. Then work with a team comprised of developers, business analysts and project managers to ensure a streamlined transition onto our software platform.
You are a positive and self-motivated individual who can work independently, and also enjoys working with a growing, hard-working, vibrant, friendly, and collaborative team. You are technically minded, with a strong interest in technology. You are also eager to develop your skills and knowledge
- Client requirements gathering and analysis;
- Project reporting and review of migration issues/feedback;
- Creation of new Data Migrations from competitor systems;
- Maintenance and improvements of existing migrations;
- Documentation of all migrations – internal and client-facing;
- Technical guide writing/documentation;
- Team development and guidance for junior members; and
- Internal process improvements.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a technical data migration role;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High level of competency in C# and MS SQL;
- Experience with XML, .NET., JSON;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with Windows CMD, Powershell, and Visual Studio; and
- Time Management.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience working in a project environment;
- Excellent client-facing skills;
- Knowledge of Legal industry (legal accounting principles are highly desirable);
- Experience with report writing software SSRS, Crystal Reports, Dev Express; and
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (Jira, Redmine), and version control.
PracticeEvolve is comprised of a dedicated team of industry experts, who have more than 20 years of¬ expertise in the areas of law, accounting, and software programming. Our practice management software provides businesses with a wide range of functionality, from document automation and workflow management, to financial tracking and reporting.
Technology is rapidly changing, and our goal is to employ policies and procedures to ensure all aspects of PracticeEvolve are adapting to these changes. We have fostered a culture of attention to and communication with all our users. We listen to the needs of our customers and let them drive the direction of our innovation. Our vision for PracticeEvolve is to continue to work with our customers, in a spirit of partnership, to make them more profitable.
The difference at PracticeEvolve is that we listen to and care about the clients that we work for, with this approach PracticeEvolve is seeing significant growth in our client base, and interest is continuously rising on a global scale. We currently operate in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the UK. Our intention is to be the leading Practice Management software provider in the mid-tier market globally. To achieve this goal, we firmly believe that people are the key to our success.